We are looking for an experienced web user experience designer with a proven ability to design innovative, high performing, customer-centered website interfaces for our e-commerce sites. He / she will lead UI design in support of both new product launches and the launch of significant new and enhanced website functionality for our customer base of small businesses and consumers.
The Information Architect will join VistaPrint?s team of user experience designers and usability specialists in developing world-class user interfaces based on iterative design, testing, and customer research. The team leads user interface design for VistaPrint?s 19 localized international sites, several partner websites, and strategic internal applications.
-Gather requirements from key stakeholders in cross-functional meetings
- Lead whiteboard JAD sessions to define customer goals and business goals, and map out the user experience
- Define core interaction designs and functionality based on sound usability principles, research, data and technical feasibility
- Diagram interactions using site maps, flow charts, and use cases
- Develop wireframe page diagrams and functional specs with emphasis on simplicity and ease-of use; optimize designs through usability research, site analytics, and A/B testing
- Work closely with our creative staff to translate wireframes into web creative designs and oversee the build of all functionality by our capability development teams
- Conduct user research as needed to document user needs and identify opportunities to improve customer experience while driving improved conversion rates and order values
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, copy writers and UI designers to refine interaction design; Keep team informed about information architecture and UI issues
- Coordinate project schedules with marketing and engineering project managers
- Respond to UI demands as project requirements change
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in human-computer interaction
- 2 to 5 years? experience with e-commerce and web application development
- Solid understanding of user-centered design processes and ability to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions.
- Willingness to learn VistaPrint?s user-centered design methodology
- Experience documenting information design concepts and solutions including conceptual diagrams, task flows, use cases, and site maps
- Understanding of usability testing practices and theory required
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines, prioritize work, and be flexible
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with technical developers and creative staff
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills a must
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas with excellent written, verbal, and graphic style
- Must enjoy presenting and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Expertise in using PowerPoint or Visio for UI specifications required
- Portfolio demonstrating effective website user experience design
- Ability to excel as both a team player and individual contributor.
- A desire to work in a fun yet high performing team environment.
To apply, visit us at www.vistaprint.com/careers
VistaPrint (NASDAQ: VPRT) is the online leader of small business graphic design, printing and marketing services. Our vision is to help millions of small businesses worldwide grow their businesses. Having served more than 13 million customers, VistaPrint has experienced 31 consecutive quarters of growth. Currently shipping to over 120 countries, the company has a $1.5+B market cap, a 61% annual organic growth rate and a $25B market opportunity.