Job: User Experience/Visual Designer
Title: UX Visual Designer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Company: Sermo (www.sermo.com)
Type of job: full-time employment
How to contact Sermo about this job: email@example.com
Sermo, the largest and fastest growing online physician-only community, is leading a movement to fundamentally change healthcare in America. Combining current technology, financial strength, and thousands of dedicated physicians, we aim to radically improve healthcare — for patients, doctors, and the industry as a whole.
We do this by freeing up the most important medical information on the planet — the knowledge living in the minds of physicians. Sermo amplifies physicians’ voices as they share their insights, building on each other’s knowledge while empowering government, industry, investors, research groups, and others to learn and adapt from this rich base of living experience in real-time.
From design and engineering to sales and finance, our people are among the best in their fields. Do you think you have what it takes to help drive this kind of monumental change?
The Sermo UX Visual Designer combines expertise designing web-based applications that employ user experience best practices with a passion for creating branded marketing solutions in the print and interactive spaces.
This detail-oriented individual will focus on the aspects of UI/visual design across both the user experience and marketing teams. Must be able to move within the development space using their familiarity with CSS, HTML conventions to communicate with front-end developers to implement the vision and information design objectives associated with graphical user interfaces and information architecture.
Ideally, this individual graduated with a degree in communications design and marketing and then supplement his/her education with practical experience applying user interface best practices in the world of web-based applications development.
* Work closely with the UX Creative Director to define and execute web-based design solutions.
* Create and refine site maps, wireframes, task flows, interaction design specs.
* Collaborate with the marketing creative team to provide graphic assets and production for email blasts, print ads, sales materials, PowerPoint slides, banner ads, landing pages and web sites.
* Deliver production-ready design assets.
* Design screen concepts focusing on interface design.
* The ability to suggest html/css revisions to ensure execution of the UI design and Brand either by working directly within HTML - Firebug or TextMate - or via mark up.
* Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs.
* Provide detailed design specifications for design solutions and contribute to the creation of global style guidelines in order to maximize efficiency and flexibility of the products over time.
* B.A./B.S. degree in graphic design, visual communications, or related field.
* 3-5 years experience in graphic and web design information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design, User Experience Design, or related fields dynamic websites.
* Working knowledge of user interface design best practices and ability to communicate visual design thinking based on sound user experience and interaction design principles.
* Self-motivated and able to collaborate in a team environment.
* Able to take direction and work independently as required.
* Able to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
* Able to translate branding and business requirements into an engaging visual design and rich consumer experience.
* Work closely with developers to ensure technology supports proposed design.
* Strong conceptual understanding of current online technologies and the principals of Web design, HTML, and scalable dynamic GUIs. Technical understanding a plus.
* Familiarity with Agile development process.
* Fluent in flow and wireframe applications such as Omnigraffle or Fireworks.
* Fluent in Adobe CS3 products including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks.
* Familiarity with and working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Alexandra LaMaster | VP of Talent
Sermo | www.sermo.com | P: 617 245 0100 | F: 617 452 9201
215 First Street | Cambridge, MA 02142